Friday, January 7, 2011

Appreciative of the Little Things


Wow, I realized it would be in my best interest to either delete this blog, or publish more post. My last post was over a year ago. Since my last post, Facebook and Twitter have taken over the world. I'm still waiting on my grandmother to send me a friend's request. It's funny how whenever I see something awesome or think of a great idea, I tweet it, or update my Facebook status. I miss the days when one would just pick up the phone and call their friends. I went on a Facebook detox this fall. I was without a profile for over 90 days. I have since re-activated my account and I'm back on stalker status. Yesterday I was on Facebook for over 2 hours and somehow, I found this very entertaining. What does this mean? Somehow our world is turning into a place where social skills aren't required. Why do I sit around most days looking at status updates and twitter timelines. I should be out in the world meeting people, instead of adding them, or following them.

One thing I've realized is that Facebook and Twitter, make us all feel more important than we really are. We basically are all having conversations with ourselves, hoping to gain a million friends/followers. 90% of the time the people in our lives who matter the most, never read our post of pain. One thing that I will never understand is people's urges to feud online. Seriously, who cares what people think. We all create these profiles/pages/blogs to get attention. So when we get it, why do we lash out. If you Google anyone who has had just 15 minutes of fame, you will always get more negative results than positive ones. So if you can't keep your negative opinions to yourself, doesnt' it make since to talk to the person whom you have the problem with. Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, MocoSpace etc.doesn't really give a damn how you feel. So I ask of anyone who reads this, please, please, pretty please make your 2011 post more positive. I'll try if you try. I appreciate your efforts in advance. I hate opening up an app and having someone else's negativity ruining my day!

No comments: